Monday, September 7, 2009

The Golden Days

Announcement! Big baby accomplishment this weekend! He held himself up on his forearms at 90 degrees and flipped from tummy to back. At first I thought he did it accidentally, but then he did it 5 times in a row, each time exciting himself and letting out a big squeal. He also was able to roll from his back to his side, which wasn't nearly as fun to watch, but I sure was excited!

This weekend was fun with my parents. They couldn't believe how much bigger he is compared to just a few weeks ago, and how much he laughs and smiles. These days, I don't struggle with feeling as exhausted...which often turns into depression because I have no energy for anything. Laith is just so much more enjoyable and can entertain himself more. He is so content almost all the time, and all you have to do is look at him and he will give you the biggest smile ever.

We are also really happy because we FINALLY got our hammock set up! I got it as a b-day gift from my brother, sister and Christine back in March - but we didn't have the stuff we needed to get it up and then it was a matter of just doing it. So we are looking forward to cool mornings and evenings to snuggle in it with Laith.

A little gripe: I went to the store with my mom and Laith in the stroller. He hadn't had a nap all day and was starting to be fussy when he finally fell asleep. About five minutes later, this lady walks up to him and starts practically yelling "LOOK AT THE BAAAABY!", which of course resulted in both Laith and I jumping. Then when he opened his eyes, she exclaimed, "OH LOOK, NOW HE'S AWAKE!!!"---That was the first time I've ever been REALLY annoyed with anything a stranger does with the baby. I'm just going to believe she's mentally handicapped...

1 comment:

Nathan and Stephany said...

We like your Laith stories. And we hope you're enjoying your hammock - that sounds nice. I know you've been busy lately, but know that we think of you guys often. Wish we could be there to hang out with you and Julie. -Nathan