Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy- Happy- Joy- Joy

Things have really taken a bit of a happy turn in my world. Not only is Laith SO much more interactive and fun, but I have also reconnected with a girl I met when we were both 3 months pregnant looking for the maternity section in a store. We had dinner shortly after that, but due to my working and being utterly exhausted, we just kept in touch via text for the remaining 6 months. She had her baby girl Audrey just 2 days after Laith was born, and now that the little ones are old enough, we've been getting together. It has been SO nice to be able to help eachother out and talk about stuff that is unique to our babies' stage of life. I'm learning alot from her and hopefully helping her out as well.

LAUGHTER

Yesterday morning just when Baba was leaving for work, he gave Laith his morning kisses. Usually we get huge smiles and Laith will jump and squirm with excitement...but this time it set off a string of laughter that sounded like a sqeaky mattress...and it didn't stop! So then the rest of the day he would just look at me and start laughing! Oh these are the little things that life is made of...

I'M A MORON

So, yesterday I was getting out of the car and walking up to Melissa's house with Laith's carrier, when suddenly I stepped and rolled my foot on a waterhose stretched across her steep driveway. Laith and I went flying. I had the subconscious sense to swing Laith safely to the grass - and when I stood up I realized that I had taken all the jeans and skin off my knee and there was a blue streak on the pavement. I bled alot and couldn't walk on my right foot! Needless to say, I felt the humiliation alot sooner than the pain of the actual fall...but I certainly felt it eventually. I hobbled around all last night, and this morning the lower half of my body feels like it was run over by a truck or something. My hips, knees, feet...all hurt. Please feel sorry for me. It makes it feel better...

LABOR DAY WEEKEND

I'm sooo excited about this weekend! My parents are driving up again tonight, and though I see them practically every other weekend, I am always so excited to have them. They are the only people as infactuated with Laith as Boudee and I. I can't wait to see how they react when they see how much he has changed in 2wks and when they hear him laughing. He is such a sweet and social baby. Obee's will be closed for the holiday, so I will have Abdallah to myself (whenever he isn't dove hunting). We will of course be barbequeing...which we love. YAY!

DIET

So...I gained 60 pounds during pregnancy, 30 of which I lost at the hospital. That leaves me with 30lbs...and I naively believed that it would just melt off after a month or two, considering I was finally able to eat normally (during pregnancy my preferences completely changed and I couldn't stomach most foods). But I was wrong. I have exercised and lived off lettuce for way too long and my body is haaanging onto every ounce. I have pretty much given up. I am eating well because I enjoy the healthy foods and the way they make me feel, but I have decided to just plain love the skin I'm in. Even if it is kinda loose these days! So, I'll keep on drinking my almond milk veggie/berry smoothies and salads and doing my 30day Shred! haha!

No comments: