Thursday, May 7, 2009

Matrimony and Cheese

Charlie just called me with news that after a catering "drought" of sorts, he received a timely influx of faxes for an unbelievable amount of orders beginning the 14th!!! I am actually concerned at this point that he won't be able to be there when Laith arrives. Despite all his talk about refusing to be in the room and not wanting to see the baby all gooey, I think he really would be sad to miss it.

Maybe. Deep down? Okay, he laughs. It's a no.

Okay I have to say that I am the number one hater of cheesy couples. I know that I sometimes will take a moment to indulge in rare cases of extreme husband-love, but it is rare. Of course I always love Charlie...and I adore him more than anyone can possibly know, but we usually would rather argue and banter than do the whole public touchy-feely, saccharine sweet game that I have far too often witnessed.

People, kisses that cannot be termed "brief" and involve deeply engaging eye-contact and face to face lingering...INAPPROPRIATE!!! You make me want to kick. your. face. And if you refer to eachother as "darling" and "honey" with incredible frequency and inordinate meaningfulness...or thank eachother for everything...you make me want to kick.my.own.face.

That's all. I'm done with that little bit. Just thought I'd let you know how I feel about that. I am seeing though how that was a bit random. But...I'm allowed because I'm pregnant. haha.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Hahahahahaaha. I love it. I mean, I don't love that Charlie's gonna be super busy in the coming weeks, but I LOVE your rant about PDA.

I'd also LOVE to see you try to kick your own face. Hahaha. I mean, maybe you're flexible but...hahahahahaha. Oh man.