Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas & New Year

I am exceedingly happy right now. Charlie FINALLY got a few days off for Christmas (the first in over 4mos of working 105hrs a week...no that's not a joke 105!), and then a couple more days for New Years. My brother, Jedidiah, flew in around the 12th from Germany. I hadn't seen him since I was 6mos pregnant, and of course, my life has completely changed since then and there is now a boy that is the center of my world that he had not yet met.

My brother and sister went ahead of us to Tyler, so we got a couple days alone in the house to just rest and enjoy our time together with the baby. Then, we followed Christmas Eve with the baby and annoying dogs in tow. Laith had the time of his life, we took him to see the Christmas lights with Cort, Sarah's boyfriend's son. They had a blast playing together and Laith was all over the place, crawling everywhere.

Then for New Year's Eve, my parents came to town, as did Jed. We had our good friends Moustapha, Assaad (w/kids) and Jim-Dear. We had tons of food and a constant flow of coffee and sparkling cider (we bought several bottles of wine, and it turns out no one wants to drink? except my dad? bizarre...). We gladly wecomed the new year and kicked the old year in the ass on its way out. I am not a fan of 2009...

ALSO, I got a new car!! WooHoo! It's a 2009 Nissan Pathfinder - dark gray, beautiful! Finally I don't have to climb to the backseat of the car with the baby in Jed's little 2-door Civic! I'm so excited, those who know me know that I love novel things!

Okay, I've run out of time to write. More later!

1 comment:

Nathan and Stephany said...

Glad to hear about your enjoyment. Wish we could have been there on New Year's Eve. And congrats on the new car! I enjoyed my Isuzu Rodeo, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the Pathfinder.

Sending you our love. -Nathan