Sunday, August 16, 2009

3 months

Tomorrow Laith will be 3 months old! That is INSANE! As I write, he is cuddled up in my sling that a friend sewed for me. I really can't emphasize enough just how much love we have for this little man. Every new thing he does is like Christmas morning. I get giddy with excitement and I feel like my heart could just burst.

Just a couple days ago, Charlie and I were talking about what a blessing he has been for us this year. If it weren't for the arrival of Laith, this would have been one blot of a year on our lives. This has been such a tough year for us in so many ways, but all I can see is the utter joy of our family. No matter how bad a day may be, or how empty our bank accounts, or late our bills, there is our child - and we can't help but be happy.

I'm trying to think of all the things that have changed in this past month. First of all, he has already doubled his birthweight, making him around 16lbs at least right now. My arms are really tired...really tired. I would say he has overall just become so much more alert and aware. He is eagerly checking things out. I have a hard time getting him to nap because he is so busy exploring his ever expanding world. He has been standing up for a while (with help of course) and now he likes to bounce and hop up and give us a little Jackie Chan move. People are surprised when they are around for a while and see that he almost never cries. He is not one of those babies that smiles all day, but he is certainly content.

Speaking of smiles, everytime he hears his baba's voice he just freezes and stares at Charlie wide-eyed and this gigantic smile comes out of nowhere and he bounces with excitement. I can't get over how good Charlie is with Laith. It gives me so much joy to see how much they enjoy eachother. I only wish things were different and Charlie could be around Laith more.

Today is Sunday, and Charlie is in San Antonio all day. I couldn't go with him because there isn't a place for the baby there. I really really hate being apart so much. We have never been away from eachother like this before. For sooo long we drove to work together, worked side-by-side for up to 15hrs, drove home and spend everynight together. We quickly learned how to survive like that, and now we have to figure out how to do things differently. I miss my partner! We're used to being able to depend on eachother to help with any little thing. Oh well!

Unfortunately, I do not have a picture. I need to get my camera out and take a 3 month pic of Laith. Coming soon!

More later - Em

No comments: