Saturday, April 25, 2009

ooo baby baby!


I can NOT believe how close I am to holding my baby in my arms rather than tightly between my hips and ribs! As I am sitting here now I can hardly focus due to the constant jolt of jabbing up into my ribcage!

Me and my peoples have been incredibly busy wrapping up last minute projects, setting up the baby's room, and trying to take care of logistical details before Laith arrives. Claire and I worked hard to paint antique furniture for the room and it turned out SO WELL. I can't wait to post pictures for you to see.

Claire even did a preggie-belly photo shoot for me which was actually quite fun. I only have one picture in my posession currently, but many more will be to come. We went to Mayfield Park which was densely populated with male peacocks, who seemed to be continually showing off for us. We got tons of pictures with peacocks...infact I think it would have proven difficult to get a picture WITHOUT one haha!

Charlie and I are incredibly excited and we get more and more anxious with every day that passes! It is a funny experience to buy diapers..to look at them and know that in a couple weeks my baby's bottom will be in them. I have not enjoyed being pregnant for the most part, and I can't wait to see our child, but I believe I will really miss the way Charlie looks at me and kisses my belly every morning before he leaves me for work. There is no way to describe the way a father/husband looks to the mother/wife when she is pregnant. There is an air of mystery, pride, joy, and anticipation that makes me feel so loved and satisfied.

My shower is tomorrow and I am looking forward to spending time with the people I love. My mother has been here since Wednesday working tirelessly on my house and helping me do things that I could not have done otherwise. My dad showed up last night at midnight and my sister will be here today. So much to be excited about!

I officially quit working at Obee's this week due to me hitting a very definite wall. I just knew I couldn't do it anymore. The pressure in my back and pelvis is too great and I need to be able to lay down at any given point. I also just began writing news articles for a website (www.redorbit.com) and am slowly getting the hang of using my brain and not just making sandwiches.

Okay, more to come!

2 comments:

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Great picture! Can't wait to see the others!

You're so close! So exciting!

Also, I e-mailed Claire about this, but then I realized I could comment on your blog! Would you be interested in having a Belly Blessing done? The lady that did mine a month ago is doing another on me this Friday at 6:30pm to build her portfolio (she lives in my neighborhood down south off of Mopac). She asked me to ask around to see if anyone else is interested. . . I think it would be free or pretty cheap ($15).

Let me know if you're interested!