Thursday, February 19, 2009

Intro to 3rd Trimester!!!

Yes, that's right - it's official, I am in my 3rd trimester. I know it's just one day closer than I was yesterday...but mentally it's a huge step. I feel the clouds parting and a glimmer of hope trickling through. Huge sigh of relief in saying goodbye to 1st and 2nd!!! We have officially named our son Layth...we only now have to agree on the spelling of it. We don't know if it should be Layth or Laith. Let me know what you think...all of you 3 people who read my blog -haha. It means "lion" and my dad has taken up calling him the "lion of Lebanon". It's an old arabic name that is rarely used anymore. I like it.

A couple I know is just days away from delivering their baby girl and I couldn't be more excited. I am living vicariously through them...imagining that these 2 wks are my last of feeling this way. I am so excited for them. I remember when they first told me they are pregnant - it feels like it could have been last week!! Little did I know when I was bemoaning my non-impregnation that I was probably already pregnant! I hope these last 3 months go by as quickly. I can see how a woman may miss the child being inside her. It is a constant comfort that your baby is in a safe place. I still am kinda freaked out when I think how well babies turn out generally and we have little to no conrol over their daily growth. I think the biggest issue I have had to overcome is accepting that I have virtually no control over anything in my life. I have hardly felt such a loss of control in my life - over my body, my behavior, my feelings etc. Interesting hmm.

One last thing having nothing to do with baby. I get excited about the little things in life....mostly novelties. My friend Claire has mad skills. She's the one who put together the design/design board for my baby's room and has navigated through the internet finding fabric and all kinds of things that I really have no skill for. Anyway, she made some coupons for Obee's since this month has been the slowest possibly EVER. They are pretty cool, and since I just figured out how to post stuff like that, I'm gonna show ya! THANK YOU CLAIRE!!!

5 comments:

Chance said...

I vote layth, cause every vote counts.

Claire said...

*you didn't post the coupons, by the way. Lol.* (: You're funny. After you bragged about doing it, you didn't do it. Silly em. It's okay. (:

I'm pretty mad at Chance cuz he didn't ask me how I would vote before he voted. I guess our opinions differ. I vote Laith. Both good, but "layth" reminds me of "layeth"...like "he layeth down"...but spelled wrong. Laith doesn't remind me of anything but your baby. So there you go. (:

Anonymous said...

i like Laith best -- but i like both.

Nathan and Stephany said...

Very cool choice. I think I prefer Layth, but for no particular reason other than visual - I think it looks a bit more distinctive. They both sound good. -Nathan

Emily said...

Claire I TRIED! I don't know why they didn't want to upload..download? i don't know the difference..andrew is always making fun of me for that. Just a side note, I thought the phrase "keep it on the downlow" was "keep it on the 'download'" because you were 'downloading' information..but andrew says it would actually be 'uploading' which makes me doubly retarded. oh well. umm...yeah I like both - Chance, charlie says only HIS vote counts...sorry. Vote's still out...besides, you losers tied. I stand corrected though, 4 people read my blog hahahaha